Saturday, July 21, 2012

The joys of organic gardening

Even though I didn't have the opportunity to sow on time (i.e. in early spring) 
my rooftop organic garden is blessing me and my family 
with plentiful harvests regardless!

Puy lentils have such pretty lilac flowers!

Gardening becomes even more fun when you get to wear red dotted wellies!

Homegrown potatoes!

A fine harvest of radishes

Parsley, zucchini (courgette), eggplant (aubergine), chili, radishes, cumin, fennel, tiny little tomato plants 
(will they ever grow big enough to provide fruit before the season is over? 
I pray for an Indian summer, since Dutch summer has been rather disappointing so far!)

OrganicSassy goes out gardening!

Rocket (ruccola), fennel, carrots, cucumber, legumes (chick pea, white/brown/black bean and dwarf beans/white haricots) and more tiny tomato plants

Baby zucchini (courgette)! I will let them grow a bit bigger though...

Rich: the love of my life and proud builder of OrganicSassy's compost bin 
(it has a top lid and a bottom latch and it is lined throughout the inside)

Our family tree: a fig that still has to grow!

Lavender, Thyme and Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment